The exceptional teachers you will meet are the pulse of Sacred Space. Dedicated and passionate, our team has experienced the power of yoga and is committed to sharing our wisdom with you. As a group, our teachers bring incredible training, talent, and experience into the class room. As individuals, they bring authenticity, creativity and diversity to their teaching. All of our teachers have participated in well-respected teacher training programs and continue their studies of yoga to keep their teaching inspired, fresh, and innovative. We are honored to have all of them on our team.
When you choose a teacher at Sacred Space Yoga, you are choosing a teacher who:
1. Practice themselves, regularly. A dedicated and committed teacher practices at least 4x per week.
2. Have been practicing and/or teaching for at least 3 years. This allows aspiring teachers to acquire the experience and knowledge base that helps them to become effective teachers.
3. Trained with highly respected schools and teachers nationally and internationally.
4. Has specialized skills. These are diverse and range from therapeutic and massage to other alternative and holistic medicine backgrounds.
5. Are continuing to study Yoga. Yoga is a lifelong learning and it's important that teachers continually broaden their vision by attending seminars, workshops, and other opportunities that encourage LIVING the yoga path.
6. Bring more than just their asana instruction to the mat. Yoga is a philosophy and tradition beyond just the body.
Yoga offers tremendous variety and you may find you enjoy more than one style and/or teacher. Take the opportunity to attend workshops and seminars. These can help you broaden your vision and expand your practice.